Westside

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Nu kan du välja språk i Westside - engelska/svenska!

Author Topic: Elsa L. Johnson ib Chikago USA  (Read 14905 times)

Henrik Mangs

• Gamyl
    • Henrik Mangs Hemsida
Elsa L. Johnson ib Chikago USA
« on: November 06, 2009, 05:22:40 pm »

Can someone help me find Alma Maria and her family in the United States.

Johansson, Alma Maria.
Born 21/10 1885 in Alnö Medelpad Sverige (Alnö Fb 1885 p/69).
Moved 19/8 1905 from Alnö Medelpad Sverige to USA.

Father     Johansson (Tåg), Karl Henrik Johansson.
Born 13/9 1852 in Pjelax Närpes Finland.
Mother     Wijk, Maria Beata.
Born 12/1 1861 in Kvevlax Finland.
Died 22/8 1938 in Alnön Sundsvall Sverige.

Married in USA

Child     
Johnson, Elsa L..
Born about 1920 in Chikago USA.

Elsa has visited Finland for about 50 years ago. Then she told that she did a research over the family from Alnö in Sweden
MVH
Henrik Mangs

Marisme

• Flitig
Re: Elsa L. Johnson ib Chikago USA
« Reply #1 on: November 09, 2009, 05:10:54 pm »

From Social Security Death Index:

Two Mary Johnson's born 21.10.1885. No matching Alma's or Alma Mary's.

1. Mary Johnson, born 21.10.1885, died July 1981 in  Sherburn, Martin, Minnesota.
2. Mary Johnson, born 21.10.1885, died March 1971 in Moscow, Latah, Idaho.

Henrik Mangs

• Gamyl
    • Henrik Mangs Hemsida
« Reply #2 on: December 03, 2009, 11:05:08 am »

From the Duluth News-Tribune 11/2 /2004.

Hubert C. Johnson passed away in St. Mary's Hospital in Duluth on Sunday, Oct. 31, 2004 after a
brief illness.

He was born in Aurora to Anna and Axel Johnson on April 29, 1919.
He lived his life in the Wolf area and in Eveleth. He graduated from Eveleth High School and
Eveleth Junior College, then spent six years serving in the US Navy on the USS Portland during
World War II, spending most of that time in the Pacific Theatre. The Portland earned 16 Battle
Stars, the most decorated ship of that war. Hubert was very proud of his time in the Navy and
yearly attended Portland reunions and maintained those important relationships.
Hubert married Lois Tamte in 1946 and has three daughters; 10 grandchildren and three
great-grandchildren. He worked for Minnesota Power for 35 years, retiring as District Manager. He
worked with the Eveleth Civic Association, the Optomists Club, the Eveleth Heritage Committee
and the Mt. Iron Zoning Commission. He was a participant in Toastmasters. He faithfully attended
and supported the First Covenant Church in Virginia. Hubert was known for his fantastic memory,
his love of history and his story telling. He loved his family greatly and enjoyed teasing his
grandchildren. He will be greatly missed by all who knew and loved him.
He was preceded in death by his parents; two brothers, Robert and Axel; sister, Mary Ann and
sister-in-law, Margaret.

He is survived by his wife, Lois; his daughters, Bev (Steve) Sellnow of St. Cloud, Minn., Peg
(DuWayne) Johnston of Gillette, Wyo., Jeanne (Rich) Ogilvie of Wolf, Minn.; 10 grandchildren,
Beth (Aaron) Ganskow, Luke (Sara) Nyberg, Kristin Sellnow, Faith Johnston, Nathan Sellnow,
Jonathan Sellnow, Chris Ogilivie, Erin Nyberg, Zech Ogilvie and Kelsey Sellnow; three
great-grandchildren, Hudson and Rachel Nyberg and Tristan Ganskow; sister, Elsa Johnson of
Chicago, Ill,
; a sister-in-law, Betty Johnson and numerous nephews and nieces.
VISITATION:10 a.m. to 12 noon Wednesday, Nov. 3, 2004 in the First Covenant Church in
Virginia. Celebration of Hubert's life will be at 1 p.m. in the church. To commemorate his life, the
family would like all in attendance to wear colorful clothing. Pastor Roger Johnson and Pastor
Gerald Stenberg will officiate. Burial will be at Eveleth Cemetery. Military Rites will be accorded by
Mesaba Range Post 1172 VFW of Eveleth. In lieu of flowers, the family prefers memorials.
Arrangements are by Cron-Sheehy Funeral Home in Eveleth.
MVH
Henrik Mangs

Henrik Mangs

• Gamyl
    • Henrik Mangs Hemsida
« Reply #3 on: December 04, 2009, 03:39:45 pm »

I am now convinced that Elsa L. Johnson is the daughter of Karl Axel Johansson or in the United States Johnson, he was born 4 / 5 1891 Alnö Sweden, married to Anna Adelina Ahlberg born 1890th
Karl Axel's sister Alma Maria born 21/10 1885 in Alnö Sweden married in Canada with Roger Wood. Does anyone know anything about this couple.
MVH
Henrik Mangs

johnsonak84

• Ny
« Reply #4 on: Mars 25, 2010, 03:46:18 pm »

Hi.  I am a grandson of Karl Axel Johnson and nephew of Elsa Johnson.  I am the youngest of the grandchildren and on my own probably will not be able to provide you the answers you are looking for, but may be able to get you in contact with those who can.  What information in particular are you looking for?  Are you just looking to get in contact with Aunt Elsa to find out about Alma and Roger Wood?  Are you willing to start communicating through e-mail in the future? Thanks.  Allen Johnson, Virginia, USA.

Henrik Mangs

• Gamyl
    • Henrik Mangs Hemsida
« Reply #5 on: Mars 25, 2010, 04:24:31 pm »

I have written letters to both Elsa L. Johnson and Mrs. Hubert Johnson, but received no response. I am very interested to contact via e-mail links. You'll find my email address on my website (also here under the photo). I want to change information on the family
MVH
Henrik Mangs

Henrik Mangs

• Gamyl
    • Henrik Mangs Hemsida
« Reply #6 on: Mars 25, 2010, 06:04:21 pm »

Hi.

Which of the three brothers, Hubert or Axel or Robert is your father.
MVH
Henrik Mangs

johnsonak84

• Ny
« Reply #7 on: Mars 25, 2010, 09:47:27 pm »

Robert was my father.  Elsa is the last surviving child.  She is in a nursing home now 1,000 miles from me but one of my cousins sees her a few times a week and is going to let her know you are looking for her.  She will also let Uncle Hubert's widow know.  I am 75+ years younger than my grandfather's generation so do not have much information I could pass on myself.  Even though I asked for an account so I could post a reply for you, for some reason my profile will not let me see your e-mail address.

johnsonak84

• Ny
« Reply #8 on: Mars 25, 2010, 09:58:21 pm »

I just tried using this site to send you a private message with my e-mail address on.  Not sure if it worked.

Henrik Mangs

• Gamyl
    • Henrik Mangs Hemsida
« Reply #9 on: Mars 26, 2010, 08:27:04 am »

Contacts might be, the media worked fine.
MVH
Henrik Mangs

dj40181

• Ny
« Reply #10 on: Mars 27, 2010, 06:25:59 am »

I am Douglas, brother of Allen who replied.  We have minimal knowledge of our grandmother and prior to your post did not know details of my grandmother's parents.  My full name is Douglas Karl Johnson; I am proud that Karl is both Paternal and Maternal heritage. 

A man of the name Tag visited us in Minnesota, USA in the company of Elsa.  Can you confirm that Tag is Grandmother’s maiden name?  What is your relationship to grandmother? 

We desire conversation.  I have access to Swedish (no Finish) translation.  What is your preferred language?

To Allen:  You may recall that my best man at wedding and wife are fluent Swedish.

Luken

• Ny
« Reply #11 on: Maj 01, 2010, 06:35:57 am »

Hello Henrik,
My name is Luke Nyberg. I happened to stumble upon this page and decided to offer my assistance. My grandfather was Hubert Johnson. Doug and Allen are my cousins. Although I doubt I could help any better than Doug or Allen, I do see my Grandmother Lois Johnson as well as my Great Aunt Elsa Johnson on a regular basis as they both live only minutes from my house. Therefore, I may be able to help in some way with your inquires. Feel free to email me and I will do what I can.

Luke Nyberg

lukenyberg@gmail.com

Henrik Mangs

• Gamyl
    • Henrik Mangs Hemsida
« Reply #12 on: Maj 01, 2010, 05:27:40 pm »

I sent an e-mail
MVH
Henrik Mangs